1806 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||1806 in the United Kingdom
Other events of 1806
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1806 in Ireland.
- 10 April - Sir Arthur Wellesley marries Kitty Pakenham, daughter of the Earl of Longford, in the temporary St. George's Church built on Whitworth Road in Dublin.
- American engraver Henry Pelham, agent for Lord Lansdowne's Irish estates, is drowned from a boat while superintending the erection of a martello tower in the Kenmare River.
Arts and literature
- Sydney Owenson publishes her epistolary novel The Wild Irish Girl: a National Tale.
- Samuel Thomson (1766-1816) publishes his third volume of verse Simple Poems on a Few Subjects.
- The English architect George Papworth moves to Dublin.
- 21 January - William Quarter, first Roman Catholic bishop of Chicago (died 1848).
- 25 January - Daniel Maclise, painter (died 1870).
- 31 May - Patrick Leahy, Archbishop of Cashel (died 1875).
- 25 July - John O'Donovan, scholar and first historic topographer (died 1861).
- 1 August - Edward Crofton, 2nd Baron Crofton, Conservative politician (died 1869).
- 17 August - Peter Richard Kenrick, first Catholic archbishop west of the Mississippi River (died 1896).
- 20 August - Archibald Acheson, 3rd Earl of Gosford, Member of Parliament for Armagh (died 1864).
- 31 August - Charles Lever, novelist (died 1872).
- September - Samuel Davidson, biblical scholar (died 1898).
- 15 October - William Clements, 3rd Earl of Leitrim, nobleman and landowner (died 1878).
- 3 November - Robert Molesworth, judge in Australia (died 1890).
- 4 December - John T. Graves, mathematician (died 1870).
Full date unknown
- 22 February - James Barry, painter (born 1741).
- 31 May - George Macartney, 1st Earl Macartney, statesman, colonial administrator and diplomat (born 1737).
- 9 September - William Paterson, jurist in the United States (born 1745).
- 18 September - Patrick Cotter O'Brien, known as the Bristol Giant and the Irish Giant (born 1760).