1810 in Spain
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1810
List of years in Spain
- Monarch: Joseph I
- April 26-July 9 - Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo: French Marshal Michel Ney takes the fortified city from Field Marshal Don Andrés Perez de Herrasti
- July 11 - Combat of Barquilla: Robert Craufurd attacks French grenadiers covering a foraging party. The French grenadiers make a fighting withdrawal and escape unscathed.
- September 14 - Battle of La Bisbal: A Spanish division led by Henry O'Donnell (also known as Enrique José O'Donnell) and supported by an Anglo-Spanish naval squadron led by Francis William Fane and Charles William Doyle surprises an Imperial French brigade commanded by François Xavier de Schwarz.
- September 16 - The Mexican War of Independence begins with the "Grito de Dolores", as Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla and fellow rebels take up arms against the Spanish colonial authorities.
- August 28 - Jaime Balmes, priest and philosopher (died 1848)
- December 17 - Francisco Serrano, 1st Duke of la Torre
- Perez de Herrasti, Governor of Ciudad Rodrigo
- Jaques, Tony. Dictionary of Battles and Sieges: A Guide to 8500 Battles from Antiquity to the Twenty-First Century. USA: Greenwood Press, 2007.
- Meyer. Michael, et al (1979): The Course of Mexican History, page 276, New York, New York USA Oxford University Press ISBN 978-0-19-502413-5
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Spanish history–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|