1811 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1811 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- Colosseum, Rome: The arena substructure is partly excavated during 1810-1814.
- In Italy, detailed excavations continue at Pompeii.
- The remains of the villa of Pliny, named Villa di Pino, are excavated during 1802-1819 (following the excavations of 1713).
- The Bignor Roman Villa is excavated between 1811 and 1819.
- Roman Forum - excavations.
- "MacLagan, Christian (1811-1901) archaeologist". discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2017.