1813 in France
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1813|
History of France • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 1813 in France.
- 7 February - Action of 7 February 1813, stalemate between two evenly matched frigates Aréthuse and HMS Amelia
- 2 May - Battle of Lützen, French victory over a combined Prussian and Russian force.
- 20 May–21 May - Battle of Bautzen, French victory over a combined Russian/Prussian army.
- 3 June-11 June - Peninsular War: Siege of Tarragona, Anglo-Spanish-Portuguese forces fail to capture port from its Franco-Italian garrison.
- 21 June - Peninsular War: Battle of Vitoria, decisive victory by Anglo-Spanish-Portuguese forces.
- 7 July - Peninsular War: Siege of San Sebastian by Anglo-Portuguese forces begins.
- 25 July - Peninsular War: Battle of Maya, French victory over British forces.
- 25 July - Peninsular War: Battle of Roncesvalles, French victory over Anglo-Portuguese forces.
- 25 July - Peninsular War: Battle of the Pyrenees, large-scale French offensive, starts.
- 2 August - Peninsular War: Battle of the Pyrenees ends in a tactical Anglo-Spanish-Portuguese victory.
- 23 August - Battle of Großbeeren, French defeated by an allied Prussian-Swedish army.
- 26 August - Battle of Katzbach, French defeat by Russo-Prussian army.
- 26 August-27 August - Battle of Dresden results in French victory.
- 30 August - Battle of Kulm, French defeated by Austrian, Russian, and Prussian forces.
- 31 August - Peninsular War: Battle of San Marcial, Spanish victory over French army.
- 6 September - Battle of Dennewitz, Prussians and Russians victory over French forces.
- 9 September - Peninsular War: Siege of San Sebastian ends with surrender of French garrison.
- 16 October-19 October - Battle of Leipzig, one of the most decisive defeats suffered by Napoleon Bonaparte.
- 7 October - Peninsular War: Battle of the Bidassoa, tactical Anglo-Portuguese victory over French forces.
- 30 October-31 October - Battle of Hanau, tactical French victory over Austro-Bavarian forces.
- 10 November - Peninsular War: Battle of Nivelle, French defeated by British, Portuguese and Spanish forces.
- 11 December - By the Treaty of Valencay, Napoleon recognises his prisoner Ferdiand VII as King of Spain and releases him
- 9 December-13 December - Peninsular War: Battle of the Nive, Anglo-Portuguese-Spanish army defeated French forces.
- 31 December - During New Year's Eve the Prussian forces under Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher cross the Rhine beginning the invasion of France
- 23 April - Antônio Frederico Ozanam Advogado e fundador da Sociedade de São Vicente de Paulo (died 8 de Setembro de 1853 in Marselha).
- 18 July - Pierre Alphonse Laurent, mathematician (died 1854).
- 15 August - Léon Gastinel, composer (died 1906).
- 23 October - Félix Ravaisson-Mollien, philosopher and archaeologist (died 1900).
- 29 October - Eugène Pelletan, writer, journalist and politician (died 1884).
- 30 November - Charles-Valentin Alkan, composer and pianist (died 1888).
- 22 December - Jean-Jacques Bourassé, priest, archaeologist and historian (died 1872).
Full date unknown
- 2 January - Pedro de Almeida Portugal, 3rd Marquis of Alorna, Portuguese general in French service.
- 6 January - Louis Baraguey d'Hilliers, general (born 1764).
- 19 March - Jean Baptiste, baron Franceschi, general.
- 1 May - Jean-Baptiste Bessières, Marshal of France (born 1768).
- 23 May - Geraud Duroc, general (born 1772).
- 6 June - Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart, architect (born 1739).
- 26 June - Jacques Thomas Sarrut
- 29 July - Jean-Andoche Junot, general (born 1771).
- 11 August - André Joseph Boussart, general.
- 1 September - Edmé-Martin Vandermaesen, general.
- 2 September - Jean Victor Marie Moreau, general (born 1763).
- 16 October - Donatien-Marie-Joseph de Vimeur, vicomte de Rochambeau, soldier (born 1755).
- 11 November - Nicolas François Conroux
- 12 November - J. Hector St. John de Crevecoeur, writer (born 1735).
- 13 December - Antoine-Augustin Parmentier, nutritionist (born 1737).
Full date unknown
- Louise Françoise Contat, actress (born 1760).
- Léger-Félicité Sonthonax, Jacobin and abolitionist (born 1763).