1815 in Australia
- Governor of New South Wales – Lachlan Macquarie
- Lieutenant-Governor of Van Diemen's Land – Major Thomas Davey
- 14 January – The road over the Blue Mountains is completed to the Macquarie River.
- 7 April – Bathurst, New South Wales is founded following its discovery by George Evans.
- 1 May – The Supreme Court opens and William Broughton and Alexander Riley are appointed as its first judges.
- 25 May – George William Evans discovers the Lachlan River.
- 12 December – Captain James Kelly sets out on circumnavigation of Tasmania, during which important observations are made on the resources of the west coast.
- A single ship carries 60,000 sealskins to London from Australia (a normal cargo contains at least 10,000 skins).