1818 in France
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1818|
History of France • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 1818 in France.
- 1 October - Congress of Aix-la-Chapelle is convened.
January to June
- 26 January - Amédée de Noé, caricaturist and lithographer (died 1879).
- 7 February - François Paul Meurice, dramatist (died 1905).
- 18 May - Eugène Bouchut, physician (died 1891).
- 3 June - Louis Faidherbe, general and colonial administrator (died 1889).
- 13 June - Jean-Jules Allasseur, sculptor (died 1903).
- 18 June - Charles Gounod, composer (died 1893).
July to December
- 8 August - Joseph Roumanille, poet (died 1891).
- 12 August - Edmond-Frederic Le Blant, archaeologist and historian (died 1897).
- 14 August - François d'Orléans, prince de Joinville, admiral (died 1900).
- 18 August - Henri Le Secq, painter and photographer (died 1882).
- 26 October - Louis Buffet, statesman (died 1898).
Full date unknown
- Gustave Aimard, traveller and writer (died 1883).
- Jacques-Marie-Frangile Bigot, naturalist and entomologist (died 1893).
- Élie-Abel Carrière, botanist (died 1896).
- Vrain Denis-Lucas, forger (died 1880).
- 23 April - Jean-Armand de Bessuéjouls Roquelaure, Archbishop of Mechelen, Belgium (born 1721).
- 1 May - François-Joseph Bélanger, architect and decorator (born 1744).
- 28 July - Gaspard Monge, mathematician (born 1746).
- 19 October - André Antoine Bernard, lawyer and revolutionary (born 1751).
- 28 October - Henri Jacques Guillaume Clarke, politician and Marshal of France (born 1765).
- 25 December - Catherine-Dominique de Pérignon, Marshal of France (born 1754).
Full date unknown
- Claude Matthieu, Count Gardane, general and diplomat (born 1766).
- Antoine-François Bertrand de Molleville, government Minister (born 1744).
- Adrien-Nicolas Piédefer, marquis de La Salle, writer and cavalry officer (born 1735).