1820 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1820 in France.
- 14 February - Dukes of Berry, the nephew of the king is assassinated by a fanatic Elie Decazes is held indirectly for the crime by the royalists and is forced to resign from the government
- 4 November - Legislative election held.
- 13 November - Legislative election held.
- 16 January - Pierre Louis Rouillard, sculptor (died 1881)
- 20 January - Alexandre-Emile Béguyer de Chancourtois, geologist and mineralogist (died 1886)
- 20 February - Gustave Nadaud, songwriter and chansonnier (died 1893)
- 30 April - Edouard Louis Dubufe, painter (died 1883)
- 11 June - Alexandre Bertrand, archaeologist (died 1902)
- 17 September - Émile Augier, dramatist (died 1889)
- 29 September - Henry, Count of Chambord, Legitimist Pretender to the throne of France (died 1883)
- 24 October - Eugène Fromentin, painter and writer (died 1876)
- 8 November - Hippolyte Castille, writer (died 1886)
Full date unknown
- Antoine-Élisabeth-Cléophas Dareste de la Chavanne, historian (died 1882).
- Léon Fairmaire, entomologist (died 1906).
- Mathieu Auguste Geffroy, historian (died 1895).
- Ernest de Jonquières, mathematician (died 1901).
- Léonard Morel-Ladeuil, goldsmith and sculptor (died 1888).
- Auguste Sallé, traveller and entomologist (died 1896).
January to June
- 9 January - Charles-Louis Clérisseau, architectural draughtsman, antiquary, and artist (born 1721).
- 21 January - Palisot de Beauvois, naturalist (born 1752).
- 15 February - Pierre-Joseph Cambon, statesman (born 1756).
- 26 March - Jean-Étienne Despréaux, ballet dancer, choreographer, composer, singer and playwright (born 1748).
- 25 April - Constantin-François Chassebœuf, philosopher, historian, orientalist, and politician (born 1757).
- 21 June - Alexis Thérèse Petit, physicist (born 1791).
July to December
- 14 September - François Joseph Lefebvre, Marshal of France (born 1755).
- 5 October - Augustin Barruel, Jesuit priest and writer (born 1741).
- 16 November - Jean-Lambert Tallien, political figure (born 1767).
- 7 December - Denis Decrès, naval officer and nobleman (born 1761).
- 25 December - Joseph Fouché, statesman and Minister (born 1763).
- 29 December - Jean Baptiste Antoine Auget de Montyon, philanthropist (born 1733).
Full date unknown
- Pierre Denys de Montfort, naturalist (born 1766).
- Jean-Baptiste Robinet, naturalist (born 1735).
- Jean Simeon Rousseau de la Rottiere, painter (born 1747).