1827 in Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Monarch - George IV
- Governor of New South Wales - Lieutenant-General Ralph Darling
- Governor of Tasmania - Colonel George Arthur
- 5 January - First boat regatta held on the River Derwent. On 30 April a regatta was held in Sydney.
- Theatre Royal, Sydney opened.
Exploration and settlement
- 18 June - James Stirling establishes the Fort Wellington settlement at Raffles Bay, on the Cobourg Peninsula, Northern Territory.
- Cameron, Angus, ed. (1986). "Part One: Capital City Chronologies". The Second Australian Almanac: An 800-page Databank Crammed with Essential Information for Every Australian. North Ryde, NSW: Angus & Robertson. pp. 5, 88. ISBN 0-207-15232-2.
- Rivera, Larry. "Theatre Royal". About.com (IAC). Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Cameron, Angus, ed. (1985). "Part One: Facts and Figures: An Australian Historical Chronology". The Australian Almanac: 800 Pages Crammed with Australian and World Facts: Politics, the Arts, Geography, History and Much More. North Ryde, NSW: Angus & Robertson. pp. 8–9. ISBN 0-207-15108-3.