1829 in Australia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Governor of New South Wales - Ralph Darling
- Lieutenant-Governor of Van Diemen's Land - Colonel George Arthur
- Lieutenant-Governor of the Swan River Colony - Captain James Stirling.
- 2 May - After anchoring nearby, Captain Charles Fremantle of HMS Challenger, proclaimed possession of the whole of the west coast of Australia for the Crown.
- 14 May - Aboriginal mission on Bruny Island opened by George Augustus Robinson.
- 8 June - Captain James Stirling founds the Swan River Colony in Western Australia, landing at Garden Island.
- 18 June - Official proclamation of the Swan River Colony.
- 12 August - Mrs Helen Dance, wife of the Captain of HMS Sulphur, cuts down a tree to mark the foundation of the town of Perth, Western Australia.