1830 in Canada
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Years in Canada:||1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833|
|Centuries:||18th century · 19th century · 20th century|
|Decades:||1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s|
|Years:||1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
|By Provinces and Territories|
Events from the year 1830 in Canada.
- Governor of the Canadas: James Kempt
- Governor of New Brunswick: Howard Douglas
- Governor of Nova Scotia: Thomas Nickleson Jeffery
- Civil Governor of Newfoundland: Thomas John Cochrane
- Governor of Prince Edward Island: John Ready
- Influenza epidemic strikes tribes of British Columbia.
- Canada is divided into counties.
- William Lyon Mackenzie re-elected to the Assembly with a Reform minority.
- Ridout's Hardware Store, later known as Aikenhead's Hardware opens in Toronto.
- March 1 - James Armstrong, politician (died 1893)
- August 7 - Thomas White, journalist and politician (died 1888)
- November 18 - Michel Auger, politician (died 1909)