1830 in sports
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1830s in sports)
1830 in sports describes the year's events in world sport.
- Establishment of the Orchard Lake Curling Club at Orchard Lake, Michigan; it is the first curling club in the United States and uses hickory block stones
- 1,000 Guineas Stakes – Charlotte West
- 2,000 Guineas Stakes – Augustus
- Epsom Derby – Priam
- Epsom Oaks – Variation
- St. Leger Stakes – Birmingham
- 10 August — the Wingfield Sculls, amateur championship of the River Thames, is founded at the instigation of barrister Henry Colsell Wingfield and raced from Battersea to Hammersmith.
The Boat Race
- The Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race is not held this year
- Rowland Bowen, Cricket: A History of its Growth and Development, Eyre & Spottiswoode, 1970