1846 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- Johann Georg Ramsauer discovers a large prehistoric cemetery near Hallstatt.
- Ephraim Squier and Edwin Davis find and describe Serpent Mound.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- John Disney publishes first edition of Museum Disneianum
- Journal of the British Archaeological Association first published
- The Smithsonian Institution is founded in Washington, D.C.
- The Cambrian Archaeological Association is founded in Wales by Harry Longueville Jones and John Williams (Ab Ithel) and launches its journal Archaeologia Cambrensis