1847 in Australia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Governor of South Australia - Lieutenant Colonel Frederick Holt Robe
- Governor of Tasmania - Sir William Denison
- Governor of Western Australia as a Crown Colony - Lieutenant-Colonel Andrew Clarke.
- 15 July - St Peter's College, Adelaide is founded by members of the Anglican Church of Australia.
- 28 December - Augustus Short, the first Anglican bishop of Adelaide, South Australia arrives from England.
- George Collingridge
- John Forrest
- James Huddart
- Archibald Liversidge
- Henry Montgomery
- Edward Petherick
- Louis de Rougemont
- Rose Scott
- Frederick William Ward
- 11 February - Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Andrew Clarke, Governor of Western Australia (born 1793).
- John Eardley-Wilmot
- John Franklin
- Joseph Wild
- Cameron, Angus, ed. (1986). "Part One: Capital City Chronologies". The Second Australian Almanac: An 800-page Databank Crammed with Essential Information for Every Australian. North Ryde, NSW: Angus & Robertson. p. 73. ISBN 0-207-15232-2.
- van Dissel, Dirk (1976). "Short, Augustus (1802 - 1883)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. 6. Melbourne University Press. pp. 122–123. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- The Constitution Centre of Western Australia (2002). "Lieutenant-Colonel Andrew Clarke 1846–1847". Governors and Premiers of Western Australia. West Perth, WA: The Constitution Centre of Western Australia. Government of Western Australia. ISBN 0-7307-3821-3. Archived from the original on 13 September 2009. Retrieved 24 February 2013.