1847 in Mexico
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1847|
List of years in Mexico
Events in the year 1847 in Mexico.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2010)
- January 13 – The Treaty of Cahuenga ends the fighting in the Mexican–American War in California.
- February 22 – Mexican–American War – The Battle of Buena Vista: 5,000 American troops under General Zachary Taylor use their superiority in artillery to drive off 15,000 Mexican troops under Antonio López de Santa Anna, defeating the Mexicans the next day.
- March 9 – Mexican–American War: United States forces under General Winfield Scott invade Mexico near Veracruz.
- March 29 – Mexican–American War: United States forces led by General Winfield Scott take Veracruz after a siege.
- August 12 – Mexican–American War: U.S. troops of General Winfield Scott begin to advance along the aqueduct around Lake Chalco and Lake Xochimilco in Mexico
- August 20 – Mexican–American War: US troops defeat Mexican troops in Valencia de Fuentes, Mexico
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mexican history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|