1856 in Canada
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events from the year 1856 in Canada.
- May 15 - Creation of the village of Embrun, Ontario.
- Formation of the British Methodist Episcopal Church (BME), an all Black church.
- The Grand Trunk Railway opens its Sarnia-Toronto-Montreal line.
- May 16 - Charles Melville Hays, railway executive (died 1912)
- May 20 - Eliza Ritchie, feminist
- July 31 - John Oliver, politician and Premier of British Columbia (died 1927)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)|