1856 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1856 in India.
- The Marquess of Dalhousie, Governor-General (since 1848)
- Charles Canning, Governor-General
- 4 March - Toru Dutt, poet (died 1877).
- 14 June - Ahmed Rida Khan, Sunni Muslim scholar and founder of Barelwi school of thought (died 1921).
- 23 July - Bal Gangadhar Tilak, nationalist, social reformer and independence fighter (died 1920).
- 20 August - Narayana Guru (died 1928)
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|