1859 in Portugal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in Portugal|
Events in the year 1859 in Portugal.
- King: Pedro V
- President of the Council of Ministers: Nuno José Severo de Mendoça Rolim de Moura Barreto, 1st Duke of Loulé (until 16 March), António José Severim de Noronha, 1st Duke of Terceira (from 16 March)
- 1 January - Henrique Pousão, painter (died 1884)
- 21 September - António Maria de Sousa Horta e Costa, nobleman, jurist, magistrate, politician (died 1931)
- Jaime de Magalhães Lima, philosopher, poet, writer (died 1936)
- 17 January - Francisco de Melo da Gama de Araújo e Azevedo, field marshal, governor of Diu in Portuguese India (born 1773)
- Honório Barreto, governor of Portuguese Guinea (born 1813)
- de Oliveira Marques, A.H. (March 1986). História de Portugal Volume III (in Portuguese). Lisbon: Palas Editores. p. 610.
|This article about Portuguese history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|