1861 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1861 in architecture involved some significant architectural event and new buildings.
- Arlington Street Church in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
- St James the Less, Pimlico, London, designed by George Edmund Street.
- Tromsø Cathedral, Norway, designed by Christian Heinrich Grosch.
- Palácio do Grão-Pará, Petrópolis, Brazil.
- Mary Birdsall House in Richmond, Indiana.
- January 6 - Victor Horta, Belgian architect and designer (died 1947)
- April 20 - Hermann Muthesius, German architect and writer on architecture (died 1927)
- July 17 - Horace Field, English architect (died 1948)
- September 2 - Arthur Beresford Pite, English architect (died 1934)
- May 15 - Benjamin Woodward, Irish architect (born 1816)
- October 13 - Sir William Cubitt, English civil engineer (born 1785)