From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)
The year 1866 in architecture involved some significant events.
- The seat of the Norwegian Parlament, Storting building, designed by Emil Victor Langlet, Inaugurated 5 March
- The building of Nationalgalerie starts in Berlin, designed by Friedrich August Stüler and Johann Heinrich Strack.
- The New Synagogue, Berlin, Germany is completed by Friedrich August Stüler to the design of Eduard Knoblauch.
- St. Mark's Church, Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, designed by Robert Lewis Roumieu, is consecrated.
- The Princess Theatre, Melbourne, Australia by architect William Pitt is completed.
- The Plaka Bridge in Greece is completed by Kostas Bekas.