1867 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1867 in France.
- 13 January - French Military Mission arrives in Yokohama, Japan.
- 7 June - Adolphe Dugléré prepares the Three Emperors Dinner
- Pierre Michaux invents the front wheel-driven velocipede, the first mass-produced bicycle.
- 21 January - Maxime Weygand, military commander (died 1965)
- 14 April - René Boylesve, author (died 1926)
- 17 May - Georgette Agutte, painter (died 1922)
- 3 October - Pierre Bonnard, painter and printmaker (died 1947)
- 14 January - Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, painter (born 1780)
- 17 January - Jacques Amand Eudes-Deslongchamps, naturalist and palaeontologist (born 1794)
- 11 June - Jean Pierre Pellissier, missionary to Southern Africa (born 1808)
- 7 July - François Ponsard, dramatist (born 1814)
- 31 July - Benoît Fourneyron, engineer, designed the first practical water turbine (born 1802)
- 23 August - Auguste-Marseille Barthélemy, satirical poet (born 1796)
- 31 August - Charles Baudelaire, poet, critic and translator (born 1821)
- 5 October - Achille Fould, financier and politician (born 1800)
- 6 December - Jean Pierre Flourens, physiologist (born 1794)
- 22 December - Jean-Victor Poncelet, engineer and mathematician (born 1788)
Full date unknown
- Louis Eugène Marie Bautain, philosopher and theologian (born 1796)
- Auguste Belloc, photographer (born 1800)
- Théophile-Jules Pelouze, chemist (born 1807)