The year 1868 in architecture involved some significant events.
- January 9 – Pike's Opera House, New York City, USA.
- January 20 – Neues Theater, Leipzig (opera house), Germany.
- August 15 – Teatro Giuseppe Verdi, Busseto, Italy.
- September 1 – Vienna Künstlerhaus (art gallery), Austria, designed by August Weber.
- October 1 – In London, England:
- October 10 – Runcorn Railway Bridge, England.
- November 30 – St Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney, Australia, completed by Edmund Blacket.
- Cīrava Palace, Latvia (rebuilt and expanded by Teodor Zeiler).
- The Gyeongbokgung of Korea.
- Hong Kong Hotel.
- Grand Hotel (New York City), USA.
- Gilsey's Apollo Hall (theater), New York City, USA.
- Chamberlin Iron Front Building, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Halle Saint-Pierre (market), Paris, France
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester, England, designed by George Butterfield, advised by Florence Nightingale.
- Abbey Mills Pumping Stations, London, England, designed by engineer Joseph Bazalgette, Edmund Cooper, and architect Charles Driver.
- Ilkeston Town Hall, Derbyshire, England, designed by Richard Charles Sutton.
- Spanish Synagogue (Prague), designed by Vojtěch Ignátz Ullmann.
- Grønland Church, Christiania, Norway, designed by Wilhelm von Hanno.
- Sedgwick House, Cumbria, England, designed by Paley and Austin.
- Vinegar warehouse for Hill & Evans, 33–35 Eastcheap in the City of London, designed by Robert Lewis Roumieu.