1875 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1875 in India.
- Muhammedan Anglo-Oriental College, founded by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan in Aligarh (now Uttar Pradesh); later became Aligarh Muslim University in 1920.
- 8 November - The Prince of Wales (afterwards King Edward VII) visits Bombay.
- 31 October - Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, political and social leader (died 1950).
- 22 December - Nanda Kishore Bal, poet (died 1928).
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 80
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|