1876 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1876 in India.
- Thomas Baring, 1st Earl of Northbrook, Viceroy
- Robert Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Earl of Lytton, Viceroy (from 12 April)
- 1 May — Queen Victoria is proclaimed "Empress of India".
- 15 September — Sharat Chandra Chatterji, novelist (d.1938).
- 25 December — Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Statesman and founder of Pakistan (d.1948).
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|