1876 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1876 in India.
- Thomas Baring, 1st Earl of Northbrook, Viceroy
- Robert Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Earl of Lytton, Viceroy (from 12 April)
- 15 September – Sharat Chandra Chatterji, novelist (d. 1938).
- 25 December – Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Statesman and founder of Pakistan (d. 1948).
- "Thomas George Baring, 1st earl of Northbrook - British statesman". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Shaw, William Arthur (1906). The Knights of England: A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of All the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, and Ireland, and of Knights Bachelors. Incorporating a Complete List of Knights Bachelors Dubbed in Ireland. Genealogical Publishing Com. p. 305. ISBN 9780806304434.
- "Victoria - Life & Reign". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Experts, Disha (2018). The Fundamentals of General Knowledge for Competitive Exams - UPSC/ State PCS/ SSC/ Banking/ Insurance/ Railways/ BBA/ MBA/ Defence - 3rd Edition. Disha Publications. p. 88. ISBN 9789387421240.
- "Historic Figures: Mohammad Ali Jinnah (1876-1948)". BBC - History. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|