1877 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1877 in India.
- Celebrations in darbars are held in India now that Queen Victoria is Empress of India.
- citation needed] 1877 – Kutch Museum was founded. [
- Gilgit Agency was formed.
- First Suspension Bridge in India was opened in Punalur,Travancore (now in Kerala).
- 9 November – Muhammad Iqbal, poet of the East (d.1938).
- 24 November – Kavasji Jamshedji Petigara, first Indian to become the Deputy Commissioner of Police of the Mumbai Police (d.1941).
- "Kutch Museum". Gujarat Tourism. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|