This article does not cite any sources
. (December 2009)
The year 1878 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Work begins on the Herrenchiemsee in Bavaria, designed by Georg Dollman.
- The Semperoper in Dresden, designed by Gottfried Semper, is completed.
- The Tower House, Kensington, designed by William Burges for himself, is completed.
- The White House and No. 1 Tite Street, Chelsea, London, designed by Edward William Godwin, are completed.
- The Michigan State Capitol in Lansing, Michigan is completed.
- Construction begins on the Indiana Statehouse Indianapolis, Indiana