From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
The year 1879 in architecture involved some significant events.
- The Linderhof Palace in Bavaria, designed by Georg Dollman is completed.
- St. Patrick's Cathedral (Manhattan) in New York City, designed by James Renwick, Jr., is dedicated.
- The Votive Church, Vienna, Austria, designed by Heinrich von Ferstel, is dedicated.
- Connecticut State Capitol in Hartford, Connecticut, designed by Richard M. Upjohn, is completed.
- Healy Hall at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., designed by Paul J. Pelz and John L. Smithmeyer, is completed.
- Provident Life & Trust Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, designed by Frank Furness, is completed.