From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
The year 1883 in architecture involved some significant events.
- May 1 - The Examination Schools of the University of Oxford, designed by Thomas G. Jackson, are formally opened.
- May 24 - Brooklyn Bridge, designed by John A. Roebling, is completed.
- May 26 - Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in Moscow, designed by Konstantin Thon, is dedicated.
- Albany City Hall in Albany, New York, designed by Henry Hobson Richardson in 'Richardsonian Romanesque' style, is completed.
- The Home Insurance Building in Chicago designed by William LeBaron Jenney (demolished 1931).
- The Kuhns Building in Dayton, Ohio, is constructed.
- Hotel Windsor (Melbourne), Australia, designed by Charles Webb, is completed.
- Cane Hill Hospital in Coulsdon, London, is completed.
- Waddesdon Manor in Buckinghamshire, England, designed by Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur, is opened for guests.
- Billings Memorial Library at the University of Vermont in Burlington, designed by Henry Hobson Richardson, is built.