1885 in Argentina
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1885 in Argentina.
- June – Former president Nicolás Avellaneda travels to France with his wife, seeking medical treatment for nephritis. The treatment is unsuccessful and 48-year-old Avellaneda, Argentina's youngest-ever president, dies at sea on the return journey.
- 19 December – The city of Río Gallegos, Santa Cruz, is established, and a naval base created, to increase Argentine control over southern Patagonia.
- 7 January – Ernesto Brown, footballer (died 1935)
- 7 September – José Durand Laguna, football manager (died 1965)
- August – Saturnino María Laspiur, lawyer and politician (born 1829)
- 13 September – Roque Ferreyra, politician (born 1810)
- 24 November – Nicolás Avellaneda, 8th President of Argentina (born 1837)
|This article article about the history of Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|