1888 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (June 2015)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1888 in India.
- Empress of India — Queen Victoria
- Viceroy of India - The Earl of Dufferin
- Viceroy of India - Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 5th Marquess of Lansdowne (from 10 December)
- 17 January — Babu Gulabrai, writer and historian (d.1963).
- 5 September — Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, philosopher and statesman, first Vice President of India and second President of India (d.1975).
- 7 November — C. V. Raman, physicist, awarded the 1930 Nobel Prize in Physics (d.1970).
- 11 November - J. B. Kripalani, Freedom Fighter, Congress President (d. 1982).
- 11 November - Abul Kalam Azad, Freedom Fighter (d.1922).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2010)|
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|