1889 Wimbledon Championships
|1889 Wimbledon Championships|
London, United Kingdom
|Blanche Bingley Hillyard|
|William Renshaw / Ernest Renshaw|
The 1889 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 1 July until 13 July. It was the 13th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1889. William Renshaw won his seventh singles title, which was thought unlikely to be surpassed. The Renshaw brothers were also unbeaten in doubles for seven years. The men's doubles were played after completion of the singles competitions.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- 100 years of Wimbledon by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1888 Wimbledon Championships
|Wimbledon Championships||Succeeded by
1890 Wimbledon Championships
1888 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1889 U.S. National Championships