1889 in association football
The following are the association football events of the year 1889 throughout the world.
- The Danish Football Association is founded.
- Northern Ireland
National Championship Winners
- FA Cup Winners:
- Irish Cup Winners:
- Scottish Cup Winners:
- Welsh Cup Winners:
- May 25 – Jan van Dort, Dutch footballer, (d. 1967)
Ian Poulter Graham Norton Jack Black
- Mohun Bagan are the oldest association football club in India and the continent of Asia.
- Inaugural Durand Cup, formed by India's Foreign Secretary Mortimer Durand in Simla for British troops stationed in India. At this time it was the nation's national football competition and pre-dates any other football tournament in India.
- First season of the English Football League.
- First unofficial season of Dutch Championship.
- This championship was considered as unofficial because teams had not played an equal number of matches.
- Competition contested between February 28 and April 27, 1889.