1893 U.S. National Championships (tennis)
|1893 U.S. National Championships|
|Date||June 20 – 23 (WS, WD, MX) |
July 25 – 29 (MD)
August 22 – 28 (MS)
|Surface||Grass / outdoor|
|Location||Philadelphia, PA (WS, WD, MX) |
Chicago, IL (MD)
Newport, R.I. (MS)
|Robert Wrenn |
|Aline Terry |
|Clarence Hobart / Fred Hovey |
|Aline Terry / Harriet Butler |
|Ellen Roosevelt / Clarence Hobart |
List of champions of the 1893 U.S. National Championships tennis tournament (now known as the US Open). The men's singles competition was held from 22 August to 28 August on the outdoor grass courts at the Newport Casino in Newport, Rhode Island. The men's doubles event was played at the St. George Cricket Club in Chicago from July 25 through July 29. The women's singles and doubles events, as well as the mixed doubles, were held from 20 June to 23 June on the outdoor grass courts at the Philadelphia Cricket Club in Philadelphia, PA. It was the 13th U.S. National Championships and the second Grand Slam tournament of the year.
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). New York: New Chapter Press. pp. 454–483. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- "Championship tennis tournament". The Chicago Tribune. May 28, 1893. p. 7.
- "On courts of turf". The Chicago Tribune. July 24, 1893. p. 12.
- "Tennis notes" (PDF). The New York Times. July 24, 1893.
- Whittelsey, Joseph T., ed. (1894). Wright & Ditson's Lawn Tennis Guide for 1894. Boston: Wright & Ditson. pp. 29–35, 36–38, 41, 45 – via HathiTrust.
1893 Wimbledon Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by|
1894 Wimbledon Championships