1894 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1894
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1894 in Denmark.
- May 19 – Danish Authors' Society is founded in Copenhagen.
- July 28
- August 19 – Frederick's Church to its final design by Ferdinald Meldahl, almost 25+ years after its construction was first started by Nicolai Eigtved.
- November 9 - Freeport of Copenhagen opens to traffic. The same does a railway between the port and Nørrebro.
- The first electric elevator for human transportation in Denmark is installed in Magasin du Nord. A hydraulic elevator has been in operation at Hotel Kongen af Danmark since the 1870s.
- May 1 – Carl Petersen, politician (died 1984)
- May 2 – Ellen Gottschalch, actress (died 1981)
- July 10 – Knud Heglund, actor (died 1960)
- July 14 – Osvald Helmuth, actor and singer (died 1966)
- September 9 – Poul Henningsen, writer, architect and designer (died 1967)
- "1904" (in Danish). Selskabet for Københavns Historie. Retrieved 2011-06-20.