1895 Wimbledon Championships
|1895 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||July 8 – July 15 |
London, United Kingdom
|Wilfred Baddeley |
|Charlotte Cooper |
|Wilfred Baddeley / Herbert Baddeley |
The 1895 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 8 July until 15 July. It was the 19th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1895. There were 18 competitors for the men's singles title. The meeting recorded its only loss, of 33 pounds, despite its first visit from royalty, Princess Stephanie of Belgium, Crown Princess of Austria.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org.
- 100 Years of Wimbledon by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1894 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1895 U.S. National Championships