1897 in Japan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1897
List of years in Japan
Events from the year 1897 in Japan.
- May - Opening of the Kyoto National Museum.
- June 1 - Opening of Matsugishi Station in Chōshi, Chiba.
- June 10 - Founding of the publishing company Jitsugyo no Nihon Sha.
- June 18 - establishment of Kyoto University under the name Kyoto Imperial University.
- April 19 - Jiroemon Kimura, supercentenarian, oldest man ever, world's oldest living person from December 27, 2012 to June 12, 2013.
- November 17 - Kinichiro Sakaguchi, agricultural chemist and microbiologist (died 1994)
- December 8 - Prince Fushimi Hiroyoshi, naval officer (died 1938; myocardial infarction)