1898 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
|Winning team||Tipperary (4th win)|
|All-Star Team||See here|
The All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 1898 was the twelfth series of the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship, Ireland's premier hurling knock-out competition. Tipperary won the championship, beating Kilkenny 7-13 to 3-10 in the final.
Semi-final: (1 match) This is a lone game which sees the winners of the Munster championship play Galway who receive a bye to this stage. One team is eliminated while the winning team advances to the final.
Final: (1 match) The winners of the lone semi-final play the winners of the Munster championship.
25 March 1900
|Tipperary||7-13 – 3-10||Kilkenny|
- The Munster final between Cork and Tipperary had to be abandoned due to fading light. Both sides were level at the time and a replay later took place.
- Mikey Maher of Tipperary became the first player to captain a team to three All-Ireland final victories.
- "All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Roll of Honour". The GAA website. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- Corry, Eoghan, The GAA Book of Lists (Hodder Headline Ireland, 2005).
- Donegan, Des, The Complete Handbook of Gaelic Games (DBA Publications Limited, 2005).