1899 in Argentina
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 23 July - Julio Irazusta, writer and politician (died 1982)
- 24 August - Jorge Luis Borges, short-story writer, essayist, poet and translator (died 1986)
- 16 November - Leonardo Castellani, priest, essayist, novelist, poet and theologian (died 1981)
- 11 December - Julio de Caro, tango musician, conductor and composer (died 1980)
- ^ Jozef, Bella. "Borges: linguagem e metalinguagem". In: O espaço reconquistado. Petrópolis, RJ: Vozes, 1974, p.43.