1899 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1899 in India.
- Empress of India — Queen Victoria
- Viceroy of India - Victor Bruce, 9th Earl of Elgin
- Viceroy of India - George Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston (from 6 January)
Indian Stamp Act of 1899.
- 15 February — Mani Madhava Chakyar, master Chakyar Koothu and Koodiyattam artist (died 1990).
- 10 October — Baldev Upadhyaya, Sanskrit scholar, literary historian, essayist and critic (died 1999).
Full date unknown
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|