18b The Las Vegas Arts District
Known as the 18b, the Las Vegas Arts District contains a mix of independent businesses including vintage clothing boutiques, antique stores, art galleries, hair salons, restaurants, The 18b is located halfway between the Fremont East Entertainment district and the Stratosphere Resort, clustered around Main and Charleston, bounded loosely by Commerce Street to the West, Hoover Avenue to the North, Fourth Street to the East and Wyoming Avenue at the south. It is an easy bike ride, walk or bus ride from Fremont Street. The name, "18b," represents the original Arts District area, which consisted of 18 blocks. Today, the Arts District area has grown beyond those original 18 blocks and is a classic urban mix of residential, commercial and cultural uses that will continue to grow as the hub of the arts scene in Las Vegas.
The "First Friday" Art Walk is a monthly arts and cultural event drawing up to 30,000 visitors into the neighborhood on the first Friday evening of each month. This event encourages people to flock downtown to browse, buy, eat, drink and mingle. The event is a festival environment with food and beverage vendors, music, visual performances and artists/artisans/craftspeople displaying their works.
The district hosts a First Friday art walk on the first Friday of every month. First Friday offers an eclectic group of artists as well as "entertainers of all types, including local bands, fire breathers, acrobats, break dancers, fortune tellers and performance artists."
In addition to First Friday, Preview Thursday is held preceding night before the block party. It is a subdued night of gallery openings and special events around the arts district without the large crowds that the main event can bring.
The district is loosely bounded by Hoover Avenue, Wyoming Avenue, Las Vegas Boulevard, and Commerce Street. The official bounds are visible on the City of Las Vegas website.
Select businesses within the district
- 1StopDJShop – DJ Equipment of all kinds. Open by appointment.
- Alios Entertainment and Architectural Lighting – Sometimes open as a popup gallery space on Main Street.
- ArtCulture PR – a boutique firm bridging the gap between arts and commerce for artists, creatives and cultural organizations; specializing in branding, social media, public relations and project management.
- Artifice Bar – Bar and live performance venue.
- The Arts Factory – A building with numerous art galleries and studios.
- Art Square – Fully renovated warehouse building housing a variety of creative industry businesses.
- Atomic Style Lounge – Full service salon for women and men, featuring era specific looks.
- Bastille – Formerly Snick's. Oldest continually operating gay bar in Nevada, and the only one downtown.
- Brett Wesley Gallery – High end international contemporary art gallery.
- Blackbird Studios – Artist collective studio and gallery space.
- Chrome Werewolf recording studio.
- Buffalo Exchange – Used clothing boutique.
- Casa Don Juan – Mexican food.
- City of the World – Indie Music Venue, skill sharing space and art gallery.
- Cockroach Theatre – Theatre troupe resident at Art Square Theatre
- Cornerstone Gallery – Street art culture gallery and venue on Colorado ave.
- D E Thai – Original Single dish Thai street food made with fresh ingredient.
- Dray Studio & Gallery – Inside the Arts Factory.
- El Sombrero – Mexican Food.
- Glam Factory Vintage – Vintage clothing boutique on Colorado ave.
- Globe Salon – High end hair salon at Soho Lofts.
- The Goodwich – Gourmet sandwiches in Soho Lofts.
- Haven Craft – Pagan and witchcraft community center and store.
- HellPop – Comic Book store inside the Arts Factory.
- Hop Nuts – Microbrewery and hand crafted beers.
- Hot Mess Boutique – Urban hipster boutique on 3rd Street.
- Inside Style – Interior design and showroom.
- Rock'n'oodles Noodle dishes from around the world, inspired by rock music.
- Jammyland Cocktail Bar and Reggae Lounge – Craft cocktail and rum bar.
- JJ Clocks & Antiques – Quality antiques and clocks plus repairs and restorations.
- Josephine Skaught Salon – Salon with independent hairdressers.
- Koolsville Tattoo – Las Vegas' oldest tattoo shop.
- Las Vegas Ballet School – Teaching all ages and levels.
- Las Vegas Contemporary Arts Center – Non-profit Arts Organization gallery in Soho Lofts.
- Las Vegas Oddities and Antiquities – Antiques, restorations, home decor, estate-jewelry and more.
- Luxe Rust – Home Decor, Event Planning, Interior Design and customized gifts on Main Street.
- Makers and Finders – Vibrant coffee bar and Latin comfort food.
- Main Source – Street art supplies and community wall liaison.
- Main Street Mercantile – Antiques, collectibles, reproductions and bespoke wear.
- Majestic Repertory Theater – Repertory Theatre on Main.
- Modern Mantiques – Antiques and collectibles, Restoration, Movie/Prop rentals, men's vintage clothing, and much more.
- Martin's Mart – Thrift and Retro Clothing.
- Mingo's – Bar and restaurant serving a variety of fusion dishes.
- Newport Lofts – Luxury lofts of all sizes with ground floor retail suites.
- Neuveda Dispensary – MMJ Dispensary on Third street.
- oogoog productions – Creative video production.
- Patina Decor – Upscale vintage furniture and retro apparel.
- Photo Bang Bang – Studio rentals, workshops and more.
- ReBAR – Beer. Booze. Bargains. Antiques and drinks on Main Street.
- Retro Vegas – Mid-century boutique on Main street.
- Rode'o Raggz- Rock and Roll Clothing
- Sandman Studios – Artistic glassworks and etching.
- Sin City Gallery – contemporary art for the modern provocateur, specializing in local and international artists, featuring an array of mediums and styles, and producer of 12 Inches of Sin art show.
- Sin City Yoga – Traditional yoga school offering a variety of membership based and drop in classes for all levels on Main Street.
- Soho Lofts – Loft style condos of all sizes with ground floor retail suites.
- Unhinged – Unique craft boutique
- Velveteen Rabbit – Hip urban lounge and venue on Main Street.
- Vesta Coffee – Fresh roasted, specialty grade coffee and restaurant on Casino Center.
- Vintage Vegas Vintage and Mid-century collectables
- We Talk Chalk – 3D Street Painting Studio & Gallery – Chalk Art – Street Art – Anamorphic Paintings.
- Downtown Arts District
- First Friday
- 18b.org site with up to date events
- Alios entertainment and architectural lighting
- Las Vegas Contemporary Arts Center
- Antique Alley Las Vegas
- Main Street Mercantile
- Sin City Gallery
- 12 Inches of Sin
- ArtCulture PR