From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 1900 in architecture involved some significant events.
- July 19 - The Paris Métro opens, with entrances designed by Hector Guimard in 1899.
- Antoni Gaudí begins work on the Parc Güell, which he works on for the next fourteen years.
- The Gare d'Orsay, the modern-day Musée d'Orsay, is built in Paris by Victor Laloux.
- The Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower at the University of Birmingham, England, is completed.
- The OXO Tower in London, England, is completed.
- The Royer Printing House, designed by Lucien Weissenburger, is completed.
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Tallinn, designed by Mikhail Preobrazhensky, is completed.
- Dohodno Zdanie, Rousse, Bulgaria
- Villa Schutzenberger in Strasbourg, France, is completed