1901 in the Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1901 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in 1901
First Philippine Republic
U.S. Military Government
- March 2 – The Army Appropriation Act, also known as the Spooner Amendment, is passed by the US Senate.
- March 23 – General Emilio Aguinaldo is captured by US authorities.
- April 1 – Aguinaldo takes an oath of allegiance to the US.
- June 17 – El Colegio de San Beda established.
- July 4
- July 18 – The US organizes the Philippine Constabulary.
- August 28 – Silliman Institute, later known as Silliman University, is established as the first American university in the Philippines
- September 27 – Guerillas, headed by the Filipino Captain Daza, attack the US military barracks in Balangiga, Samar
- September 28 – Balangiga massacre occurs
- October 20 – A U.S. Marine battalion arrives on Samar to conduct the March across Samar operation
- November 4 – The Philippine Commission enacts the Sedition Law
- December 14 – An earthquake estimated of magnitude 7.8 shakes Lucena City.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)