1904 Illinois Fighting Illini football team
|1904 Illinois Fighting Illini football|
|1904 record||9–2–1 (3–1–1 Western)|
|Head coach||Arthur R. Hall, Justa Lindgren, Fred Lowenthal & Clyde Matthews|
|Captain||Charles A. Fairweather|
|1904 Western Conference football standings|
The 1904 Illinois Fighting Illini football team was an American football team that represented the University of Illinois during the 1904 Western Conference football season. Coached by Arthur R. Hall, Justa Lindgren, Fred Lowenthal, and Clyde Matthews, the Illini compiled a 9–2–1 record and finished in fourth place in the Western Conference. Guard Charles A. Fairweather was the team captain.
|September 24||Northwestern College*||W 10–0|
|September 28||Wabash*||W 23–2|
|October 1||Knox*||W 11–0|
|October 5||Physicians-Surgeons*||W 26–0|
|October 8||at Washington University*||St. Louis||W 31–0|
|October 15||Indiana||W 10–0|
|October 22||at Purdue||W 24–6|
|October 29||at Chicago||T 6–6|
|November 5||at Ohio State||W 46–0|
|November 12||at Northwestern||Evanston, IL||L 6–12|
|November 19||Iowa||W 29–0|
|November 24||at Nebraska*||L 10–16|
Awards and honors
- Claude Rothgeb, end
- John M. Haselwood, guard
- Selected as an All-American by Fred Lowenthal
- "1904 Illinois Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- "Fighting Illini Football Record Book" (PDF). University of Illinois. 2015. p. 156. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Camp's 1904 All America Football Team". Capital Times. November 24, 1904.
- "Some All-American Football Elevens". The Pittsburgh Press. November 29, 1904.
|This article about a sports team in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|