1904 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1904 in India.
- 18 March, the Ancient Monuments Preservation Act is passed
- the gun carriage factory is established in Jabalpur
- 31 October - The Kumbakonam Bank Limited, is incorporated as a limited company (later known as the City Union Bank)
- the secret Abhinav Bharat Society is founded by Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- 28 March - Chittor V. Nagaiah, actor, composer, director, producer, writer and playback singer (died 1973).
- 29 July - J. R. D. Tata a French-born Indian aviator and businessman who became India's first licensed pilot (died 1993).
- 8 August - Tribhuvan Narain Singh, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (died 1982).
- 26 August - C. R. Kesavan Vaidyar, social activist and industrialist (died 1999).
- 1 October - A. K. Gopalan, communist leader (died 1977).
- 2 October - Lal Bahadur Shastri, politician and 2nd Prime Minister of India (died 1966).
Full date unknown
- Majnun Gorakhpuri, writer and literary critic (died 1988).
- Gorur Ramaswamy Iyengar, writer (died 1991).
- Murad, actor (died 1989).
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|