1905 Wimbledon Championships
|1905 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||June 26 – July 8 |
London, United Kingdom
|Lawrence Doherty |
|May Godfray Sutton |
|Reginald Doherty / Lawrence Doherty |
The 1905 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 26 June until 8 July. It was the 29th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1905. May Godfray Sutton was the first overseas winner of a Wimbledon championship. There were 71 entries into the men's singles draw setting a new participation record for the event.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London, 2010)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1904 Wimbledon Championships
|Wimbledon Championships||Succeeded by
1906 Wimbledon Championships
1905 Australasian Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1905 U.S. National Championships