1905 Wimbledon Championships
|1905 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||26 June – 8 July|
London, United Kingdom
|Venue||All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club|
|Laurence Doherty / Reginald Doherty|
The 1905 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 26 June until 8 July. It was the 29th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1905. May Sutton was the first overseas winner of a Wimbledon championship. There were 71 entries into the men's singles draw setting a new participation record for the event.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London, 2010)
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
- "Gentlemen's Singles Finals 1877-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Ladies' Singles Finals 1884-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Gentlemen's Doubles Finals 1884-2016". wimbledon.com. Wimbledon Championships. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
1905 Australasian Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1905 U.S. National Championships