1905 in Brazil
|1905 in Brazil|
21 stars (1889–1960)
|Timeline of Brazilian history|
|First Brazilian Republic|
Events in the year 1905 in Brazil.
- 5 February - The football club Clube do Remo is established at Belém.
- 30 December - Law no. 1452 is passed by the National Congress of Brazil, authorizing expenditure of £4,214,550 for new warship construction (£1,685,820 in 1906).
Arts and culture
- Lima Barreto - O Subterrâneo do Morro do Castelo
- 8 February - Preguinho, footballer (died 1979)
- 15 February - Waldemar Henrique, pianist and composer (died 1995)
- 11 May - Augusto Hamann Rademaker Grünewald, admiral (died 1985)
- August 10 - Evandro Chagas, physician and biomedical scientist
- 17 December - Erico Verissimo, writer (died 1975)
- 29 January - José do Patrocínio, writer, journalist, activist, orator and pharmacist (born 1854; suffered hemoptysis just after making a speech in honour of Alberto Santos-Dumont)
- 22 September - Suresh Biswas, Indian adventurer (born 1861;
- Martins Filho, João Roberto. A marinha brasileira na era dos encouraçados, 1895–1910 [The Brazilian Navy in the Era of Dreadnoughts, 1895–1910]. Rio de Janeiro: Fundãçao Getúlio Vargas, 2010. ISBN 8-5225-0803-8. OCLC 679733899, pp 75, 78
- Forever Black Effusion - José do Patrocínio bio. Accessed 25 December 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1905 in Brazil.|