1905 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1905
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 1905 in Denmark.
- 1 January - Ekstra Bladet is published for the first time. Politikens Ekstrablad had been published since 12 February 1904
- 27 March - The Royal Danish Academy of Music's new building on H.C. Andersens Boulevard in Copenhagen is inaugurated.
- 31 May – The watchtower in Copenhagen Zoo is inaugurated.
- 25 June - The school ship Georg Stage is in a collision with the English steamship Ancona in Hollænderdybet, resulting in Georg Stage sinking and the deaths of 22 aspiring sailors.
- 12 September – The current Copenhagen City Hall is inaugurated.
- 20 November – A delegation from the Norwegian Storting is received by Christian IX who gives his consent to the choice of Prince Carl as elected king of Norway under the name Haakon VII.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- 2 May – Paul Høm, artist, (d. 1994)
- 21 October - Mads Clausen, industrialist, founder of Danfoss (d. 1966)
- 16 December - Piet Hein, scientist, mathematician, inventor, designer, author, and poet (d. 1996)
- 5 March – Ludvig Fenger, architect (b. 1833)
- "1905" (in Danish). Selskabet for Københavns Historie. Retrieved 25 January 2015.
- "Rådhustårnets ur / City Hall Tower Clock - Copenhagen, Denmark". waymarking.com. Retrieved 2009-11-08.