1905 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1905 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India – George Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston
- Viceroy of India – Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto (from 18 November)
- 4 April - The 7.8 Ms Kangra earthquake shook the Kangra Valley with a maximum EMS-98 intensity of IX (Destructive), killing more than 20,000 people
- Partition of Bengal.
- George, Prince of Wales and Princess Mary tour India, 1905-06
- 2 January – Jainendra Kumar, novelist (died 1988).
- 16 January – Dr. Manubhai P. Vaidya, educationist and recipient of Best Teacher Award from Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the President of India (died 1966).
- 21 March – Kushal Konwar, Indian National Congress President of Golaghat, later on first martyr of Quit India Movement.Died on 15 June 1943 hanged till death by British.
- 10 May – Pankaj Mullick, singer and composer (died 1978).
- 29 August – Dhyan Chand, field hockey player (died 1979).
- 9 September – Brahmarishi Hussain Sha, seventh head of Sri Viswa Viznana Vidya Adhyatmika Peetham and scholar (died 1981).
- 12 December – Mulk Raj Anand, novelist in English (died 2004).
Full date unknown
- Malti Bedekar, feminist author.
- Rashid Jahan, author, short story writer and playwright (died 1952).
Full Date Unknown
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|