1905 in India
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1905 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India – George Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston
- Viceroy of India – Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto (from 18 November)
- 4 April - The 7.8 Ms Kangra earthquake shook the Kangra Valley with a maximum EMS-98 intensity of IX (Destructive), killing more than 20,000 people
- Partition of Bengal.
- George, Prince of Wales and Princess Mary tour India, 1905-06
- 2 January – Jainendra Kumar, novelist (died 1988).
- 16 January – Dr. Manubhai P. Vaidya, educationist and recipient of Best Teacher Award from Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the President of India (died 1966).
- 21 March – Kushal Konwar, Indian National Congress President of Golaghat, later on first martyr of Quit India Movement.Died on 15 June 1943 hanged till death by British.
- 10 May – Pankaj Mullick, singer and composer (died 1978).
- 29 August – Dhyan Chand, field hockey player (died 1979).
- 9 September – Brahmarishi Hussain Sha, seventh head of Sri Viswa Viznana Vidya Adhyatmika Peetham and scholar (died 1981).
- 12 December – Mulk Raj Anand, novelist in English (died 2004).
Full date unknown
- Malti Bedekar, feminist author.
- Rashid Jahan, author, short story writer and playwright (died 1952).
Full Date Unknown
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|