1906 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1906 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India - Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto
- George, Prince of Wales, and Princess Mary tour India, 1905-06
- 1 January - British India officially adopts Indian Standard Time.
- 11 September - Mahatma Gandhi coins the term Satyagraha to characterize the Non-Violence movement in South Africa.
- 30 December - The All-India Muslim League, a political organization that represented the interests of Indian Muslims, is formed.
- 10 October - R.K. Narayan, novelist (died 2001).
- 3 November - Prithviraj Kapoor, actor, director, thespian (died 1972)
- 23 December - Edasseri Govindan Nair, poet, playwright and essayist (died 1974).
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 262
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|