1906 in Norway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in Norway|
Events in the year 1906 in Norway.
- 22 June - Haakon VII and Maud of Wales are crowned monarch and consort of Norway in the Nidaros Cathedral.
- The 1906 Parliamentary election takes place.
- The Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen completed a three-year voyage through the Northwest Passage in the converted herring boat Gjøa, after being trapped in ice for three winters.
Main article: 1906 in Norwegian football
- 28 August - Moss FK football club is founded.
Main article: 1906 in Norwegian music
Main article: List of Norwegian films before 1930 § 1900s
- The Knut Hamsund novel Under Høststjærnen. En Vandrers Fortælling (Under the Autumn Star), was pupblished.
- 9 January - Leif Larsen, naval officer (died 1990)
- 30 January - Greta Nissan, actress (died 1988)
- 31 January - Jørgen Adolf Lier, politician (died 1994)
- 17 February – Henrik Selberg, mathematician (died 1993).
- 1 April - Sigve Lie, sailor and twice Olympic gold medallist (died 1958)
- 6 April - Bernt Østerkløft, Nordic combined skier (died 1996)
- 20 April - Johan Jentoft Johansen, politician (died 1973)
- 29 April - Arthur Arntzen, politician (died 1997)
- 15 May - Alf Andersen, ski jumper and Olympic gold medallist (died 1975)
- 29 May - Andreas Holm, politician (died 2003)
- 5 June - Andreas Holmsen, professor and historian (died 1989)
- 11 June - Sigurd Marius Johansen, politician (died 1989)
- 18 June - Nils Handal, politician and Minister (died 1992)
- 23 June - Holger Albrechtsen, hurdler (died 1992)
- 13 July - Erling Petersen, economist and politician (died 1992)
- 19 July - Klaus Egge, composer and music critic (died 1979)
- 11 August - Haakon Lind, boxer (died 1955)
- 15 August – Asle Enger, priest (died 2000).
- 15 August - Gunvor Katharina Eker, politician (died 1980)
- 16 August - Harald Damsleth, cartoonist, illustrator and ad-man (died 1971)
- 24 August - Otto Berg, long jumper (died 1991)
- 9 October - Rolf Hansen, long distance runner (died 1980)
- 9 October - Haakon Pedersen, speed skater (died 1991)
- 11 October - Olaf Hansen, boxer (died 1986)
- 17 October - Brynjulf Bull, lawyer, Supreme Court advocate and politician (died 1993)
- 13 November - Torborg Nedreaas, author (died 1987)
- 22 November - Jørgen Juve, international soccer player and Olympic bronze medallist (died 1983)
- 1 December - Jakob Sande, writer, poet and folk singer (died 1967)
- 8 December - Borghild Bondevik Haga, politician (died 1990)
Full date unknown
- Caroline Mikkelsen, first woman to set foot on Antarctica
- Arne Skaug, politician and Minister (died 1974)
- Egil Lindberg, radio officer and intelligence agent (died 1952).
- 6 April - Alexander Kielland, novelist (born 1849)
- 14 April - Ole Irgens, politician (born 1829)
- 23 May - Henrik Ibsen, playwright (born 1828)
- 5 November - Frits Thaulow, painter (born 1847)
Full date unknown
- Anders Bull, politician and Minister (born 1817)
- Walter Scott Dahl, politician and Minister (born 1839)
- Baas, Nils Andreas. "Henrik Selberg". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- Odland, Paul. "Asle Enger". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- Nøkleby, Berit (1995). "Lindberg, Egil". In Dahl; Hjeltnes; Nøkleby; Ringdal; Sørensen. Norsk krigsleksikon 1940–1945 (in Norwegian). Oslo: Cappelen. p. 248. ISBN 82-02-14138-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1906 in Norway.|