1907 in sports
1907 in sports describes the year's events in world sport.
- For the first time, fans are entertained by a marching band during halftime of the University of Illinois game against the University of Chicago.
- The Football League – Newcastle United 51 points, Bristol City 48, Everton 45, Sheffield United 45, Aston Villa 44, Bolton Wanderers 44
- FA Cup final – The Wednesday 2–1 Everton at Crystal Palace, London
- Carlton wins the 11th VFL Premiership – Carlton 6.14 (50) d South Melbourne 6.9 (45) at Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
Bandy was included in the winter games held in Helsinki, Finland, similar to the Nordic Games. Finland was represented by the club Polyteknikkojen Urheiluseura (PUS) but the winner of the competition was a combined team from Sweden, which defeated PUS as well as a team from St. Petersburg, Russia.
- 8–12 October — Chicago Cubs (NL) defeats Detroit Tigers (AL) to win the 1907 World Series by 4 games to 0 with one tie
- Tigres del Licey, a famous professional baseball club in Dominican Republic, officially founded in Santo Domingo on November 7.
- Following two successful title defences in California, Tommy Burns travels to London, where he defeats British heavyweight champion Gunner Moir
Lineal world champions
- World Heavyweight Championship – Tommy Burns
- World Light Heavyweight Championship – vacant
- World Middleweight Championship – vacant → Stanley Ketchel
- World Welterweight Championship – William "Honey" Mellody → Mike "Twin" Sullivan
- World Lightweight Championship – Joe Gans
- World Featherweight Championship – Abe Attell
- World Bantamweight Championship – Jimmy Walsh
- County Championship – Nottinghamshire
- Minor Counties Championship – Lancashire II
- Most runs – Tom Hayward 2353 @ 45.25 (HS 161)
- Most wickets – Edward Dennett 201 @ 16.05 (BB 8–9)
- Wisden Cricketers of the Year – Albert Hallam, Reggie Schwarz, Frank Tarrant, Bert Vogler, Thomas Wass
- Sheffield Shield – New South Wales
- Most runs – Bert Hopkins 617 @ 56.09 (HS 171)
- Most wickets – Leonard Garnsey 32 @ 21.93 (HS 6–35)
Tour de France
World Figure Skating Championships
- World Men's Champion – Ulrich Salchow (Sweden)
- World Women's Champion – Madge Syers-Cave (Great Britain)
- Grand National – Eremon
- 1,000 Guineas Stakes – Witch Elm
- 2,000 Guineas Stakes – Slieve Gallion
- Epsom Derby – Orby
- Epsom Oaks – Glass Doll
- St. Leger Stakes – Wool Winder
- Melbourne Cup – Poseidon
- Queen's Plate – Kelvin
- 17–21 January — Kenora Thistles defeats Montreal Wanderers two games to none in a Stanley Cup challenge. Kenora, Ontario is the smallest town ever to win the Stanley Cup.
- 16–18 March — Kenora Thistles defeats Brandon, Manitoba to win the Manitoba title and defends the Stanley Cup.
- 23–25 March — Montreal Wanderers regains the Stanley Cup by defeating the Thistles two games to none in a rematch.
- 9 March — Montreal Wanderers wins the Eastern Canada Amateur Hockey Association (ECAHA) title.
- Stratford 14th Regiment defeats Kingston Frontenacs 8–6 to win Ontario Hockey Association title.
Brooklands 24 hours
- In June, eleven days after the Brooklands circuit opened, it played host to a 24-hour motor event. Selwyn Edge completed 2545 km in a Napier.
French Grand Prix
- 2 July — the second French Grand Prix, organised by the Automobile Club de France (ACF), is run at Dieppe. The winner is Felice Nazzaro of Italy driving a FIAT.
- The sixth Circuit des Ardennes is run on 27 July over 371.20 miles (53.029 miles x 7 laps) in the vicinity of Bastogne. The winner is Pierre de Caters (France) driving a Mercedes in a time of 6:29:10.
Coppa Velocita di Brescia
- The inaugural Coppa Velocita di Brescia is run on 2 September over 301.80 km (37.725 km x 8 laps) by Grand Prix-class cars. The winner is Alessandro Cagno (Italy) driving an Itala in 4:37:36.6.
- The Vanderbilt Cup is not contested in 1907.
The Boat Race
- Championship – Halifax
- Challenge Cup final – Warrington 17–3 Oldham at Wheater's Field, Broughton
- Lancashire League Championship – not contested
- Yorkshire League Championship – not contested
- Lancashire County Cup – Broughton Rangers 15–6 Warrington
- Yorkshire County Cup – Bradford F.C. 8–5 Hull Kingston Rovers
- The newly formed New South Wales Rugby League conducts its first game of rugby: a match in Sydney between New Zealand and New South Wales
Home Nations Championship
Speed Skating World Championships
- Men's All-round Champion – none declared
- Norman Brookes (Australia) becomes the first overseas winner of the Wimbledon Men's Singles Championship
- Australian Men's Singles Championship – Horace Rice (Australia) defeats Harry Parker (Australia) 6–3 6–4 6–4
- Wimbledon Men's Singles Championship – Norman Brookes (Australia) defeats Arthur Gore (GB) 6–4 6–2 6–2
- Wimbledon Women's Singles Championship – May Sutton Bundy defeats Dorothea Douglass Lambert Chambers 6–1 6–4
- French Men's Singles Championship – Max Decugis defeats Robert Wallet: details unknown
- French Women's Singles Championship – Comtesse de Kermel defeats d'Elva: details unknown
- American Men's Singles Championship – William Larned defeats Robert LeRoy 6–2 6–2 6–4
- American Women's Singles Championship – Evelyn Sears defeats Carrie Neely 6–3 6–2
- 1907 International Lawn Tennis Challenge – Australasia 3–2 British Isles at Warple Road (grass) London, United Kingdom